Emotional First Aid
We based our Well-being programme on the guiding principles of good mental health. They are as follows:
- Make sure you get enough sleep
- Eat healthy food
- Learn how to relax and smile
- Connect with friends and family
- Learn new things
- Help others whenever you can
- Exercise each day
- Talk about your feelings
- Be mindful and take notice of what is happening around you
- Be thankful for all the things you have
- Set goals for yourself and embrace your wishes and dreams
- Challenge any negative thoughts
- Learn how to smile more
- Ask for help if you have a problem
- Have fun and laugh!
On our return to school for the Summer Term we produced the following programme of resources for the teachers to access with their ‘bubble’ classes and for home learning. We also produced a set of activities for the start of the Autumn term. These activities, alongside our Recovery and PSHE curriculums and Nurture room provision will continue to be implemented and updated.
Please find all of the resources for you to access with your child at home.
Week 1: Supporting positive new beginnings.
Week 2: Social distance not emotional distance.
Week 3: Let it go!
Week 4: Keeping well!
Week 5: Supporting changes.
Week 6: Carrying on the changes.
Week 7: Endings and new beginnings.
Autumn Term return: Putting our children at the heart of the recovery.